We’re Looking for an Account Manager!
About Grady Britton:
Grady Britton is a full-service brand agency based in Portland, Oregon. Our specialty lies in building brands that do more; creativity inspired by business goals and a will to be great. Grady Britton is a certified B Corporation. This certification means GB voluntarily invests in meeting significantly higher standards of sustainability, governance and giving back to the community in our daily operations. It stands for “Business as a Force for Good” vs. a belief that business exists only to generate profit. Now more than ever, we want our time and talent applied toward greater purpose. Our mantra, “Leave today better than yesterday” is a simple North Star of an idea that brings us in everyday: improving, inspiring, challenging, creating for better. Our community, relationships, strategies, processes, the work— and especially, ourselves. It’s what motivates GB’s difference: building business for brands that put people first.
At Grady Britton we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. We embrace diversity and want applicants of diverse backgrounds so our team represents a variety of perspectives and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We’re looking for an Account Manager for a large technology account:
We are searching for an Account Manager to join our account team in Portland.
If you thrive in a fast-moving agency environment and are willing and able to wear many different hats (e.g. go-to team player, client delighter, first responder, quality control guru, etc.) that are critical to our work and success with clients, you might be a perfect addition to the Griffin team. We’re looking for someone who loves to work with clients, teams, and technology – and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to master some of the more detailed, but critically important, tasks of account management. We’re also looking for someone who is poised for growth and aspires to develop into a more senior account management role in in the future.
This role will support a Senior Account Manager across one of our largest accounts, working closely with clients and our internal team. Ability to juggle and prioritize a lot of different tasks/details, as well as balance the needs of several audiences/variables (e.g. clients, internal departments, budgets, timelines, etc.) is critical. Strong instincts, a willingness to drive work and take accountability for it, as well as knowing when to raise a flag or ask for help are also needed.
- Assist in managing a robust website strategy and maintenance project for a large technology company. Some copywriting/editing is required in addition to content organization, publishing coordination, scheduling, managing approval process, etc. Tracking all publishing requests which is done through a third party is key.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on a variety of client work within the same client/technology space.
- Ability to manage independently with limited supervision, ad hoc projects involving new clients within same technology space.
- Maintain communication with appropriate agency and client team members to ensure positive workflow through weekly status reports, project timelines, budget recaps, estimates, etc.
- Monitor activity on assigned projects and communicate status of each project to agency and client team members
- Work with team members to develop meeting agendas and materials, summarize takeaways, and capture next steps from client and internal meetings
- Manage, organize and archive project information (e.g. files, deliverables, and work samples)
- Maintain an enthusiastic and positive work environment
- Maintain a watchful eye on the goals and objectives of the project
- Occasional after or before hours conference calls
- 5+ years agency account management experience; technology industry experience a plus – interest a must
- Degree in advertising/marketing or related field
- Demonstrated account leadership, initiative, and willingness to assume greater responsibility
- Strong interpersonal skills and a natural love for working with clients/teams
- Strong communication and organizational skills with a deep attention to detail
- Proactive, resourceful, solution-oriented, and able to multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines and budgets
- Flexible with an ability to shift gears quickly
- A sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Understands agency nuance (e.g. how to build trusting relationships with creative and other internal teams)
- Strong professional business writing skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
How to Apply:
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Thank you – we look forward to hearing from you!