We’re Looking for a Creative Services Director!
Reporting to the ECD and President, this senior role leads all creative operations in the agency and will help the agency define and build out our department of devoted “Makers”. Part production, part creative, part logistics, part knowing who and how to get $#^% done.
This is a senior position, providing support, inspiration and leadership to a bright, highly capable team of Producers who are bridging the gap between the concepting of great work and delivering it in all its fidelity — on strategy, on time, and on budget.
You should be fluent in and experienced with all types of projects off- and online, including website design and development, all forms of advertising campaigns (digital, outdoor, print, etc), email programs, video and image production, print production, trade show booths and more. You will also lead sourcing and the building of relationships among a variety of partners (such as freelancers or contractors).
You will interact closely with Account Managers, Creatives, Developers, Media and PR departments. This role depends on flexibility and demonstrating critical thinking. We value clear, concise communication skills in both speaking and writing.
Creative Department Leadership/Management Responsibilities
– Support our Producers team as they manage digital & traditional production processes.
– Monitor workloads and forecast capacities.
– Allocate resources in conjunction with Creative Directors and Producers.
– Review department budget reports, monthly
– Facilitate meetings, negotiate conflicts, build up teams and foster healthy group dynamics, enable creative thought processes and strategy.
– Collaborate on scopes of work with producers and account management teams.
– Foster an enthusiastic and positive work environment.
– Maintain a watchful eye on goals, objectives and vision of the agency.
– As GB and its clients scale, build and manage an in-house Studio, including staffing and equipment.
Financial Management Responsibilities
– Work with President to oversee department and profitability for the year, including forecasting talent and materials needed to run Creative Services.
– Work with Producers and Account Managers to provide project SOW, estimates and budgets, which may include internal billable hours, outside design and production bids, internal/external hard costs.
– Oversee vendor invoicing, insuring POs are written and invoices are collected from vendors/ICs/freelancers to ensure timely billing.
– Support Producers in their accountabilities for managing production costs within client signed estimates.
Resource and Recruiting of Talent
– Manage creative resourcing needs on projects, negotiate project fees and keep contracts up to date for freelance resources.
– Nurture and build relationships with the freelance and contractor community.
– Oversee contracts and compliance (Independent Contractor v. Temp employee).
– Develop and maintain relationship with outside recruiters (52 Limited, 24Seven, Filter, Boly/Welch, etc.)
– 5+ years experience in Design or Production Management; bonus for practical experience with Production Design.
– Demonstrated ability to lead a team, providing guidance, opinion, and direction.
– Demonstrated strong leadership skills and the ability to lead by example.
– Experience leading a team of Creatives, Producers, and Developers.
– Well-versed in the creative process and all forms of creative development such as branding, advertising, website development, and print production as well as how each of these forms can affect the others.
– Strong Project Management theory and process to maintain an environment where brand new types of projects can be managed successfully.
– Understands nuance of agency dynamics and relationships (able to build trusted relationships across Creative, Digital, Account, Media and PR teams)
– Understands multiple dynamics and logistics that go into any mid-to-large-sized project.
– Routinely anticipates issues before they arise; plans for the unexpected.
– Deep attention to detail with process-centric focus is a must.
– Strong, natural communication skills.
– Deep personal experience managing project flows from start to launch in order to support Producers as needed with practical advice and know-how.
– Experience managing schedules/budgets and writing SOWs.
– Strong understanding of all roles in the process, particularly those most related to the skills of the core team.
– Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and Google Software Suite (including Google Docs, Slides, Sheets and Gmail).
– Proactive and curious; you push in to problems and opportunities alike.
– People love to work for and with you; you mentor people around you with an eye toward best practices for the agency.
– Confident, calm, natural born leader and go-to problem-solver.
– Demonstrates tenacity, determination and confidence.
– Strong communication skills across the board: in person, written, verbal, etc.
– Collaborative and team-focused.
– Comfortable presenting to a group.
– Authoritative when giving direction – but adapts appropriately to people and situations
– Understands how to delegate to the team, providing support as needed.
– Enjoys fast-paced, think on your feet challenges in an environment of constantly shifting priorities.
– Positive attitude is a must; a good sense of humor much appreciated.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
More about GB:
Grady Britton is a full-service creative agency, 30 people strong, focused on building business for brands that have a “people-first” focus. We were one of the very first agencies in our area to become certified as a B-Corp, putting our skills and capabilities to work building relevant, personal brands and facilitating lasting, healthy behavior change.
Developing and maintaining remarkable, personable brands, and expressing them through all facets of marketing and media is what we do best. We believe each and every employee makes a difference. We will tap into the skills you bring and provide you an opportunity to stretch and learn new skills so you grow and feel challenged. We care about our people and want you to love what you do and where you do it.
Get a better feel for us over here>