We’re Looking for a Senior PR Account Manager!
About the Agency:
Grady Britton is a Portland-based full-service creative branding agency and a proud certified B Corporation. This nonprofit-led, independent certification means GB voluntarily invests in meeting significantly higher standards of sustainability, governance and giving back to the community in our daily operations. It stands for “Business as a Force for Good” vs. a belief that business exists only to generate profit. Now more than ever, we want our time and talent applied toward greater purpose.
Our mantra, “Leave today better than yesterday” is a simple, North Star sort of an idea that brings us in everyday: improving, inspiring, challenging, creating for better. Our community, relationships, strategies, processes, the work— and especially, ourselves. It’s what motivates GB’s difference: building business for brands that put people first.
About the Team:
The Grady Britton Public Relations team is part of a modern creative agency that works with clients with a Will to Be Great. The Senior PR Account Manager works directly with clients and leads strategic public relations and social media campaigns. This important member of the PR team is steeped in AP Writing, media relations, and plays a big role as part of the agency’s integrated approach to marketing. The Senior PR Account Manager reports directly to the Public Relations Director and mentors junior staff and interns.
About the Position:
As the Senior PR Account Manager at Grady Britton, you’ll lead and become a category expert for client accounts across a variety of verticals including food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, hospitality, healthcare, medtech startups, financial services, nonprofits and more. You’ll work closely with energetic, passionate coworkers in different departments, and be part of an integrated agency that puts people first. You will work with brands that are making the world a better place. The bulk of your responsibility will be managing and leading your clients to victory every day, while helping to build an effective and prosperous team. You’ll be a go-to PR expert to the rest of the agency, and utilize your talents to build award-winning campaigns that go above and beyond our clients’ greatest expectations. You’ll drive for results and build powerful and lasting relationships within and beyond our agency. You’ll have the support of experienced industry leaders who believe in and trust your talent and who will challenge you to become the best professional you can be.
- Work with the Director of Public Relations in developing and executing award-winning PR and Social Media campaigns for our suite of clients.
- Serve as a day-to-day account manager and PR expert for our clients, building and implementing strategic and creative work that moves the needle.
- Identify news angles and timely thought leadership topics and opportunities for our clients, suggesting ways we can insert the clients into trending coverage locally, regionally and nationally.
- Identify and complete applications for industry awards and speaking opportunities for the agency and our clients, as needed.
- Contribute to and help lead public relations and social media strategy for the agency, building PR plans and editorial calendars from the ground up.
- Monitor key performance indicators and understand public relations and social media metrics, and be able to communicate ROI to our clients.
- 5+ years of experience in public relations, communication and/or marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field
- Experience working at a PR or full-service agency (required).
- A portfolio that demonstrates writing ability, strategic planning abilities and AP Style.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking with proven ability to execute against tight deadlines and drive multiple projects at once.
- Self-motivated, strong communication, project management and organizational skills.
- Combination of strong analytical and strategic thinking for insight
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Direct experience in nonprofit, financial services, tourism & hospitality, startups and healthcare.
- Collaborative and willing to do what it right for the client and the team.
- Familiar with industry tools and resources such as Cision, Meltwater, Critical Mention, TV Eyes, etc.
- Experience and excited about mentoring junior staff members.
How to apply:
Please submit the following information to [email protected]:
- Cover letter – tell us who you are and why you’re interested in the role!
- Updated CV or resume
- Writing samples – show off and show us why you’re the best fit for the job: news releases, PR plans, social media content calendars, case studies and anything else you’re proud to submit.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Thank you – we look forward to hearing from you!