We’re looking for a PR Director
Job Title: PR Director
Reports To: President
Grady Britton is looking for an experienced Director of Public Relations who can lead our dynamic and talented PR team! The PR team is a vital part of an integrated creative agency, leading efforts for both dedicated PR accounts and integrated accounts alike.
The winning mix for our PR Director includes
- Public Relations Expertise, In Your Sleep: You’re a creative storyteller, experienced in helping brands connect with their key audiences through media relations, social media channels and thought leadership campaigns. You know when PR is the right fit for a client and when it’s not. You can navigate a communications crisis and know how to help a client plan for any scenario.
- Strategy: You love it. You are confident working through areas of “unknown” when approaching PR planning for new and existing clients, with a knack for carving out a plan or approach grounded solidly in business goals and brand. You should have a nose for what intangibles in early strategic discovery can lead to creative PR magic.
- Leadership: You are an empathetic and strong leader. You bring an infusion of new ideas and best practices for driving a PR team -- and the broader agency -- forward. As part of a 4-person management team, you’re meeting weekly to assess agency progress toward quarterly and annual goals. You’re good at keeping a team moving with the eye on the end goal.
- Mentoring: You have a strong team of PR account managers, eager to learn and grow. We want to provide them with that experienced perspective, someone who can look at the businesses of our clients, in addition to the PR activities our clients need. You should lead with empathy, kindness, and in-service to your team.
- Growth: You naturally foster relationships that grow business, both organically with existing clients and with prospects. This includes spearheading a pitch, taking an intro meeting with a client, driving growth with account managers within our current client base or attending events where a key prospect will be. You’ll work with our President and our business development lead to generate new business opportunities, something we take on as a team and determine together the most appropriate person to take the lead.
- Management of Accounts: While you may not manage day-to-day accounts directly, you are intricately involved in overseeing our PR account mix and the relationships within them, and empowering the team overall to best serve these accounts. Your visibility and integration into these accounts may depend on their individual needs, fit, and staffing capacities.
- Passionate about New mediums and methods for gaining visibility: Today, there are so many creative ways to gain attention and visibility. Technology, strategy and the power of message/medium is where it’s at. You are excited about this and love to lean into new capabilities and technologies.
- 8+ years agency experience in Senior PR Account Service and/or Director positions
- 3 or more years experience leading and managing a PR team, preferably in full-service agencies (PR, advertising, media, digital, etc.)
- Experience in creating strategy for integrated accounts that include creative, paid media, digital and branding services
- Prior experience growing public relations accounts within an agency setting
- Well-rounded client category experience you’re intensely proud of; a desire to learn more new industries as new opportunities arise
- Passionate about new technologies and driving best practices in media relations, content strategy and creative tactics for generating visibility
- Active in communities outside of PR and advertising
- Attracting, hiring, and ongoing professional development (including training) of PR account service team
- Lead ongoing and regular meetings with PR team as a whole to celebrate what’s going right, or address issues early
- Acting as strategic lead for the department, while driving education efforts for the team
- Oversight and knowledge of client business models to evaluate, assess, and align agency contributions to client projects and campaigns including and beyond PR disciplines
- Coordination with other agency leaders for smooth operation of functions between disciplines, procedures and processes
- Confidence and experience with public speaking, presenting to industry groups and clients alike
- Proven experience writing articles, plans, strategy documents, press releases, Op/Eds, etc.
- Advise and counsel on client billing practices; ie. estimates, write-offs, etc.
- Participate on the management team of the agency. Influence decisions, participate in planning, spearhead best practices, provide leadership throughout the agency and especially within your team.
- Drive all PR new business proposals, including when PR is included in integrated opportunities
- Visibility and relationship with established clients and top prospects
- A solid sense of humor and humility
About Grady Britton
The Grady Britton PR team is part of a Portland modern creative agency that works with clients with a Will to Be Great. GB puts brand at the heart of every marketing effort. At the end of the day, we have the unique ability to talk honestly with clients about their goals, reveal their true brand story, and tailor our approach using our confident and collaborative team of marketers. Whether the right approach includes PR, advertising, brand refresh, social campaigns, events, and more, we work together to find the best way forward. We look for people who are always searching for a new, fun, inventive, and clever way to get our clients the attention they deserve. Find out more about our story, our work, and our passion at www.gradybritton.com and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gradybritton.
If you are interested in applying - please submit your resume with job title in the subject line and a note to [email protected].