We’re looking for a Developer to join our team
**This is a six-month contract position with the possibility for full-time at the end of the contract.**
Grady Britton is a creative agency based in Portland, Oregon. Our specialty lies in building brands that do more; creativity inspired by business goals, and a will to be great.
Our ideal candidate will have both front and backend exposure, but will specialize in one or the other. This candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced agency environment with multiple clients and projects happening concurrently.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best Web development practices
- Creating responsive and/or mobile-first website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our client sites and internal sites
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers, account reps, project managers and other developers on the team
- 2+ years experience preferred
- Versed in all phases of website development
- Solid experience with PHP is a must. Experience with another back-end language like Node or Ruby are plusses
- Must be comfortable in the command line
- Experience with a MVC framework like Laravel or Silex are not required, but nice-to-have
- Must be comfortable using git for version control.
- Experience maintaining a LAMP server is not a requirement, but a plus.
- Comfortable with MySQL. Can create tables w/ logical keys and write efficient queries.
- Experience with RESTful APIs is a huge plus
- Experience with a front-end framework like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience with a task runner like Grunt or Gulp
- Comfortable in command line
- Experience with angular, vue, react or ember are not required, but nice-to-haves
- Should be comfortable using git for version control.
About Grady Britton:
We are a people-first agency. We persuade by connecting with the person on the other end of a message; we make by giving our staff the openings to do the best work of their careers.
We are at our best when we are joined at the hip with clients; able to mind-meld so our personal investment in the opportunity at hand yields the greatest reward for everyone involved. We believe in doing business with integrity; focused always on producing what is right for a given situation.
GB is a B-Corp. We were operating for so long with these principles in mind that it only made sense to make it formal and join the ranks of the growing movement in running a business the right way.