We’re looking for an Assistant Account Manager
So what does an Assistant Account Manager at Grady Britton do?
Grady Britton is a creative agency based in Portland, Oregon. Our specialty lies in building brands that do more; creativity inspired by business goals, and a will to be great. We are searching for an Assistant Account Manager to join our account team.
If you thrive in a fast-moving agency environment and are willing and able to wear many different hats (e.g. go-to team player, client delighter, mover of mountains, quality control guru, etc.) that are critical to our work and success with clients, you might be a perfect addition to the Griffin team. We’re looking for someone who loves to work with clients, teams, and technology – and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to master some of the more detailed, but critically important, tasks of account management. We’re also looking for someone who aspires to grow and develop into a more senior account management role over time.
An Assistant Account Manager’s primary focus is to facilitate day-to-day aspects of account management within the agency, as well as foster clear, consistent and effective communication between the agency and our clients. This role will support an Account Manager(s) across one of our largest accounts, working closely with clients and our internal team. A skilled Assistant Account Manager is able to juggle and prioritize a lot of different tasks/details, as well as balance the needs of several audiences/variables (e.g. clients, internal departments, budgets, timelines, etc.). The ability to think quickly and make good decisions based upon sound judgment is critical. Strong instincts, a willingness to drive work and take accountability for it, as well as knowing when to raise a flag or ask for help are also needed.
- Assist in managing a robust email communications program for a large technology company. Some minor copywriting/editing required in addition to content organization, scheduling, client coordination, translation coordination, managing approval process, etc.
- Maintain communication with appropriate agency and client team members to ensure positive workflow through weekly status reports, project timelines, budget recaps, estimates, etc.
- Monitor activity on assigned projects and communicate status of each project to agency and client team members
- Work with Account Manager(s) to develop meeting agendas and materials, summarize takeaways, and capture next steps from client and internal meetings
- Assist in the execution of work (e.g. help drive production through the agency, manage photography, support traffic of ads, etc.). Manage projects independently after initial learning period.
- Manage, organize and archive project information (e.g. files, deliverables, and work samples)
- Maintain an enthusiastic and positive work environment
- Maintain a watchful eye on the goals and objectives of the project
- Review and reconcile monthly billing and invoicing of clients
- Occasional after or before hours conference calls
- 3+ years agency account management experience; technology industry experience a plus – interest a must
- Degree in advertising/marketing or related field
- Demonstrated account leadership, initiative, and willingness to assume greater responsibility
- Strong interpersonal skills and a natural love for working with clients/teams
- Strong communication and organizational skills with a deep attention to detail
- Proactive, resourceful, solution-oriented, and able to multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines and budgets
- Flexible with an ability to shift gears quickly
- A sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Understands agency nuance (e.g. how to build trusting relationships with creative and other internal teams)
- Strong professional business writing skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
About Grady Britton:
We are a people-first agency. We persuade by connecting with the person on the other end of a message; we make by giving our staff the openings to do the best work of their careers.
We are at our best when we are joined at the hip with clients; able to mind-meld so our personal investment in the opportunity at hand yields the greatest reward for everyone involved. We believe in doing business with integrity; focused always on producing what is right for a given situation.
GB is a B-Corp. We were operating for so long with these principles in mind that it only made sense to make it formal and join the ranks of the growing movement in running a business the right way.
You can read more about us here, too.
If you are interested in applying – please submit resume with job title in the subject line and a note to email@example.com